Lower back pain has been the most common problem that is being faced by most of the people at least once in their lifetime. It is of different types and can be measured as acute, dull, achy, chronic, short-term and long –term back pain. Back pain has its side effects on other body parts as well and their associated problems.
Our spine or back is complex combination interconnected structure of bones, muscles, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and discs. Any sort of damage or problem in any of the structure causes back pain and other problems in the nearby body parts as well. Back pain generally occurs in young adults i.e. 30 – 60 years of age. The intensity, symptoms, and effects of the pain depend on person to person.
Before treating any kind of back pain, the most important thing to do is get is thoroughly diagnosed so as to determine the exact cause of the area, condition, and situation of the pain, as accordingly the treatment would be recommended. Back solutions clinic is the best in diagnosing the root cause of any kind of back pain and providing accordingly pain relief treatment. There are few common causes of chronic lower back pain, they are:
- Sciatica and piriformis syndrome.
- Smoking and being alcoholic.
- Being overweight and obesity.
- Lifting heavy weight objects with a sudden jerk.
- Strenuous Jobs like long sitting and standing working hours.
- Inflammation and swelling.
- Lack of physical movement or exercises.
- Muscle spasms and strains.
- Ligament tear or damage
- Weakness and Stiffness.
- Disc Degenerative disorder.
- Slipped Disc or herniated disc.
- Ruptured disc or bulging disc.
- Arthritis and spondylosis.
- Bad body postures while standing, sitting and bending. Etc.
Sciatica is a problem which is curable but is very painful to bear. It is often confused with back pain as the symptoms and condition of the pain is almost the same. Sciatica is the term referred to the pain that is being experienced in the sciatic nerve which originates from the lower back, down the back of legs, calf and extends up to the feet. Sciatica pain generally affects one side of the lower part of the body only. If the sciatica pain is prolonged and ignored for long, it can become serious and ends up in immobility or loss of function as well. The various main causes for sciatica pain are as follows:
- Herniated disc – It is the problem that occurs when the soft gel-like material in the disc in between the joints leaks out or reduces, thus causing irritation in the nerve roots and pinched a nerve. Sciatica is the most common symptom of lower back herniated disc.
- Spinal Stenosis – This condition is narrowing of the spine with aging, resulting in enlarged joints and muscles, bulging disc causing pressure on nerves, thus causing sciatica.
- Piriformis syndrome – When the sciatic nerve gets irritated and caused irritation in the piriformis muscle located in the buttock or hip.
- Disc degenerative disorder- It happens when a weak disc is overused and causes excessive motion and inflammation, thus results in irritating the nerve roots in the area. Bone spurs also result in sciatica.